I’ve partnered with Premier Protein to bring y’all these 3 Ingredient Protein Cookies with a yogurt glaze studded with mini chocolate chips. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks so much for supporting the brands that keep this Srilankan Runnin! #Sponsored #MyOneMore
You know those plans you have about what cookies are going to be on your Christmas Cookie platter? Well – those plans can change – right? I mean, there’s always room on that cookie platter for just one more – right? Or, if you are a last-minute planner (aka procrastinator) like me, heck, there’s no need to fret as I have the perfect cookie for you!
These cookies are super simple, nice ‘n crispy, gluten free, protein packed, and have only 3 ingredients (minus the glaze and chocolate chip studs). Yes – that’s right – 3 ingredients! I’ve been dabbling with this recipe for awhile now and initially my cookies always came out softer than I liked. Then, yesterday I made some Gouda and Rosemary Crackers (recipe coming soon) and figured I’d use the base ingredients from that recipe and – voila – these perfectly crispy, protein packed cookies were born.
Now you don’t have to glaze them or stud them – they are perfectly fine as is. But seeing I made these as a Christmas cookie, I felt the urge for some level of decadence. So, I melted some yogurt chips and used that as a glaze and tossed on some mini dark chocolate chips just to make these a tad bit studlier.
Oh wait – I just realized – I hadn’t told y’all what the 3 ingredients were…care to guess? I posted these on Instagram last night to tease anyone into guessing … and … well … the three ingredients are …
1) Premier Protein Chocolate Protein Powder (which has 30g of protein and only 2 g of sugar per scoop)
2) Coconut oil
And, 3) Buttermilk
[Tweet “3 Ingredient Protein Cookies #MyOneMore #Sponsored @RunninSrilankan @PremierProtein”]
Don’t you think these cookies can be on your Christmas Cookie Platter in December and on your Healthier-Treats list in January?
- 1 scoop Premier Protein Chocolate Protein Powder, 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil - solid and NOT melted
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt flavored chips
- 2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Using a fork, mix solid coconut oil with the protein powder till mixture resembles bread crumbs (it is important to try and make sure all the coconut oil is broken down into very tiny pieces circumferenced by the protein powder)
- Add in 2 tablespoons buttermilk and mix till buttermilk is absorbed
- Chill dough for about 10-15 minutes, then, you could roll out onto parchment paper and using a cookie cutter, cut shapes you desire (which is what I did) or, you can just break into sphere's, roll between your palms and flatten to resemble a circular cookie
- Bake for 12 minutes at 375 and let cool
- Melt Greek yogurt chips (you could use a double boiler, but zapping them in the microwave for 30 seconds works for me) and dip each cookie into this
- Sprinkle on some of the mini dark chocolate chips and let the yogurt glaze set before digging into
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram