I have partnered with TABASCO® Brand, RITAS, and Avocados From Mexico, as well as Forward Influence, to bring you these little Avocado Chickpea Cups. As always, all opinions are mine. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that keep this blog spinning. #SavorWinningFlavors
Once called alligator pears, lusciously creamy avocados are one of my favorite fruits. I love how versatile avocados are. They are a wonderful substitute for butter as well as a simple topping that has made just about any concoction out of my kitchen, shine.
So, it’s no surprise that avocados, specifically Avocados From Mexico, are the star of these little Avocado Chickpea Cups along with TABASCO® Pepper Sauce! Served with fruity, fizzy, & fun, Lime-A-Rita, these are a delicious vegetarian option I’m serving up at a virtual Big Game Day get-together with Lauren from Midget Momma, Paula from Bellalimento, Tiffany from Living Sweet Moments, and Vicky from Mess for Less.
Originally I was going to make a spicy hummus and a spicy avocado crema and intricately pipe both the hummus and avocado crema into little phyllo cups. But, after a crazy, hectic day, I didn’t have time for that and I am thinking these simple ingredients sauteed together will make for a quick, tasty and EASY appetizer to pull together so you can focus more on catching up with your guests.
I sauteed a few simple ingredients such as coriander, smoked paprika, chickpeas, onions, garlic and TABASCO® Pepper Sauce together, added in lime-sprinkled, salted, delicious, Avocados From Mexico and these appetizers were ready to enjoy with chilled, fruity, fizzy, & fun, RITAS!
A little more about these sponsors…
Avocados From Mexico are always worth it because they’re healthy, delicious, and always in season. For delicious recipe ideas and inspo, make sure to check out the Avocados From Mexico website and follow them on their social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Versatile TABASCO® Sauce is a staple in my home as it can be used as a condiment or an ingredient.
Flavorful TABASCO® Sauce helps me add a little spice and excitement to any and every meal as it accents and deepens flavors as an ingredient. TABASCO® Brand has 3 great flavors:
- TABASCO® Pepper Sauce which is made from three simple ingredients: red peppers, salt, and vinegar and it adds a kick of flavor to your favorite meal.
- TABASCO® Green Sauce which adds a refreshing, tangy jalapeno zest to your favorite foods.
- TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce which adds a rich, smoky flavor to meals.
By the way, Now you can enter to win a $1,000 prize!
Follow the Avocados From Mexico Pinterest Board: http://bit.ly/2FrnHh7
Follow the TABASCO® Brand Pinterest account.
Repin a pin from the Avocados From Mexico 2019 Big Game Pinboard: http://bit.ly/2FrnHh7
Share a link to your pin.
Repin one image from the blog post and leave a link to the repin.
Tweet a promotional tweet we include in the Rafflecopter widget code below with the brand hashtag
Before you head out to grab ingredients for this recipe, I think I have a few more Game Day recipe suggestions you might want to add to your Game Day menu from Lauren from Midget Momma, Paula from Bellalimento, Tiffany from Living Sweet Moments, and Vicky from Mess for Less!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Avocado From Mexico
- 1 pkg Phyllo Cups (15 cups)
- 1 lime
- TABASCO® Pepper Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and when heated, place phyllo cups on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside while making the filling.
- Add olive oil to a medium pan.
- Chop onion and garlic and add to pan. Saute onion for 10-15 minutes, constantly stirring so onion doesn't burn.
- Drain the water out of the chickpea can and then rinse chickpeas with tap water. Add rinsed and drained chickpeas to pan with onion and garlic.
- Add in the coriander, smoked paprika and turmeric and stir well. Add in 3-5 shakes of TABASCO® Pepper Sauce and remove pan from heat.
- Remove the skin off an avocado and chop it up. Squeeze half a lime onto it. Season with salt and pepper and add avocado to chickpea mix and stir well.
- Spoon Avocado Chickpea mix into prepared phyllo cups, serve with TABASCO® Pepper Sauce and RITAS!
Nutrition InformationYield 15
Amount Per Serving Calories 152 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 4g Carbohydrates 15g Fiber 6.1g Sugar 4.2g Protein 6g