These Chipotle Turkey Stuffed Habanero Peppers are a spicy little appetizer, guaranteed to get your pulse raising and your sweat beading! But don’t be alarmed, with a side of avocado cream to calm the spiciness, you are sure to enjoy these little morsels.
Tony Horton often interjects that “variety is the spice of life” in his P90X workouts, but, I think that spice adds so much variety to our lives – at least from a foodie perspective.
I mean, what would apple pie be without cinnamon? Or, eggnog without nutmeg? Or, curry without cumin and coriander?
Or, chili without a little heat from chili powder?
And speaking of heat…I’ve got a lotta heat for y’all today in the form of these little Chipotle Turkey Stuffed Habanero Peppers.
Habenero peppers pack a heck of a spicy punch! And, when making these little, stuffed ones, I tried my best to take out all the little habanero seeds responsible for that spicy punch. However, my daughter blurted out (between gulps of water and bites of avocado), when I asked her to taste test these, that I might not have done as good a job of that as I thought I had done. So, I made sure to top these Chipotle Turkey Stuffed Habanero Peppers with a large dollop of avocado cream! Now, you could also use a dollop of sour cream if avocado isn’t your thing.
I also stuffed these bad boys with some cheddar cheese before filling them up with a mix of turkey, onions, garlic and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. For serving, I just drizzled on some sriracha sauce – guess I’m a glutton for some throat searing spice-ness!
[Tweet “Like spicy? Then you gotta try these Chipotle Turkey Stuffed Habanero Peppers #superspicy “]
As this month’s Recipe Redux theme was “Small Plates For Sunny Days,” foods that can easily be eaten in a few bites–perfect for picnic dinners and dining al fresco, I figured I would share these little, one-bite Chipotle Turkey Stuffed Habanero Peppers!
Chipotle Turkey Stuffed Habanero Peppers
- 12 Habanero peppers
- 1/2 lb turkey
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3-4 Chipotle peppers in Adobo Sauce along with 3-4 tablespoons of Adobo Sauce
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 a lime
- Salt and pepper
- Sriracha sauce
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Chop onion and garlic and saute it in a pan with olive oil for about 5 minutes
- Then add turkey to the pan and saute till turkey has browned
- Chop and then add in the Chipotle Peppers and Adobo Sauce and saute till any liquid has evaporated and add a pinch of salt to season.
- Meanwhile, using gloves, carefully cut Habanero peppers and de-seed
- Add in a bit of cheddar cheese into the bottom of each cut Habanero
- Then add in the Chipotle Turkey mix and brush each Habanero with olive oil
- Then bake at 375 for 10 minutes
- Mash avocado and lime, add salt and pepper to taste and had a dollop to each Habanero
- Drizzle with Sriracha and sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy