This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #StirImagination #CollectiveBias
This past labor day weekend, we HotLantans got a much-needed reprieve from temperatures in the H-O-T 90s to enjoy cool, breezy, 80 degree days! And, my daughter got a much-needed reprieve from all the business of school, to enjoy three glorious days free of all things high school! Yay!
Sometimes, when either of us get inundated with too many things on our plate to keep track of, we forget the little things. Like, forgetting to take our vitamins, or forgetting to pack the lunch we made and placed on the kitchen counter! And, forgetting food is no joke because hangry defers greatly from hungry as we foodies know! It’s times like those that my daughter and I are so glad we managed to gobble down a filling breakfast. A breakfast that sometimes includes a smoothie bowl like this Chocolate Coconut Chia Smoothie Bowl!
I spend way too much time at the Target near my day job and when I was there recently, I picked up a canister of NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Chocolate Powder which I used in this Smoothie bowl.
NESQUIK® Chocolate Powder…
Coconut whipped cream…
And chia seeds…
Blended together with a hint of almond extract and vanilla extract…
And, topped with pistachios, pecans, raspberries and chocolate syrup …
Ahh yes, I bet you are lost in this bowl of chocolatey deliciousness…
You could argue that this bowl could even be dessert and I won’t disagree – because this here Chocolate Coconut Chia Smoothie Bowl could be breakfast along with a fresh croissant or bowl of fruit, or dessert or even an after school snack!
NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Powder has 7 essential vitamins and minerals with no artificial colors or flavors. When it’s combined with 8 fluid ounces of low-fat milk, it provides up to 8g of protein and has 45% less sugar than the leading chocolate syrup brand, making this “…not just a glass of chocolate milk…(but)… a glass of limitless potential.” NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Powder is also available in Strawberry flavor.
When you are caught up in the business of this life, how do you keep track of the little things?
Yes, the business of this life tends to distract us – but hey, here’s to not being too distracted from the most important meal of the day! So, grab a spoon and dig in!
Chocolate Coconut Chia Smoothie Bowl
- 6 scoops NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Chocolate Powder
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk chilled overnight
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons pistachios crushed
- 2 teaspoons pecans
- 8 Raspberries
- Chocolate syrup of your choice
- First, open the cans of coconut milk and gently scoop out the solid coconut milk from the cans. If there's liquid in it, then drain using paper towels and add to a bowl.
- Add in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Chocolate Powder and whip with an electric beater
- Stir in the chia seeds, spoon into bowls and chill for an hour or overnight
- Top with nuts, raspberries and syrup and enjoy with a croissant or bowl of fruit.