This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyDayWithEnergy #CollectiveBias
Life has a tendency to get a bit hectic, so I try to snack on healthy choices like these Coffee Cashew Bars and chase them with some Emergen-C® Energy+ to help keep me satisfied!
I think I’ve been using the divider in my organizer as a source of denial. You see, for the months between January and July, I have color coded little arrows sticking out to remind me of impending deadlines and activities on the agenda – both work and fun related. But – then there’s a big divider between July and August and I really don’t … didn’t… want to turn it. Because turning it meant facing the truth. And I’d succeeded in not turning it until today. Today, I did. And now am standing here staring at the day my daughter moves out to college!
I’ve been trying to not think too much about that day. Instead, I’ve opted to fill our summer months with travel and hiking and checking out new eateries and old antique stores, all while I tried to juggle work and blogging and my own web development classes. Yes, life has been hectic around here – but every hectic moment of trying to keep up with work deadlines as well as juggling late night blogging and midnight recipe testing and homework during the wee hours of the morning while making the most of the time I’ve spent with my daughter has been so worth it!
In order to keep up with the hectic pace my life has been on, I make sure to snack as healthy as I can, and sometimes that can be hard for this self-proclaimed chocoholic!
So… these are some of:
My Favorite Snacks
that help me keep my energy up all day long
in spite of the hectic pace!
1) Apples – I love chomping on one mid-morning – just recently my daughter and I shared one on our drive to Amicalola Falls in Georgia.
2) Water – my daughter loves to flavor hers with lemon or lime or cucumber – me, I like mine straight or maybe, on the rocks!
3) Bananas – talk about a portable energy booster!
4) No Bake Chocolate Pistachio Bites – the perfect blend of naughty and nutritious in a treat.
5) These Coffee Cashew Bars – made with dates, certified gluten free old fashioned oats, coconut oil, eggs, cashews, coffee, and vanilla – are delicious with a glass of milk or Emergen-C® Energy+ .
4) As are a handful of our favorite Nuts and a tall glass of Emergen-C® Energy+!
New Emergen-C® Energy+ is a powder-packed formula with natural caffeine from green tea to focus your mind*; calcium, magnesium, potassium and other key nutrients to help replenish your body*; plus 7 B vitamins to fortify you and vitamin C for immune support.*
Emergen-C® Energy+ comes in portable packets that you can easily stash in your pocket or bag. It’s an anytime, anywhere product for your energy and immune support needs.*
Just by adding water, you can create a refreshing, fizzy drink mix.
Emergen-C® Energy+, available in bold-flavored Blueberry-Açai, powder-packed Lemon-Lime, and fruit-y Mango-Peach, is flavored with natural, real fruit flavors. It’s also gluten free.
I get my Emergen-C® Energy+ at my local Walgreens store.
- 1 cup certified gluten free oats
- 6 dates soaked in a hot cup of coffee (do not discard this liquid)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- 4 tablespoons of the coffee liquid that the dates were soaked in
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup good quality chocolate of your choice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Add the oats, soaked dates, coconut oil, egg, cashews, coffee/date liquid, vanilla, and salt into a high powered blender or food processor and blend till well incorporated. The mixture will be wet and somewhat sticky.
Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray, then line it with parchment paper.
Spoon coffee cashew mixture into parchment lined loaf pan and bake for 25-30 minutes
Remove Coffee Cashew Bars from oven and let cool completely then, trim off the edges.
Then melt chocolate either in a bowl over a steaming pan or in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave at 25-30 second intervals - checking and stirring between each interval.
Spoon melted chocolate over cooled Coffee Cashew Bars and let set.
Cut into bars and enjoy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.