This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone.
Start your day off with a zing – with a slice of this tasty, wholesome and incredibly aromatic Craisins® Dried Cranberries & Quinoa Breakfast Bake!
Here we are at the cusp of a brand new year with so many unknowns before us. What new experiences will make us better? What new challenges will make us stronger? What new friends will we make? What old friends will we make new memories with? What new places will we visit? What new foods will we get to try? Yes, so many unknowns…so many possibilities…so many opportunities to learn from – right?
Speaking of new foods – my daughter and I recently came across these Craisins® Fruit Clusters while we were looking for Craisins® Dried Cranberries in the dried fruit section at Walmart yesterday. I keep Craisins® on hand for snacking on, using in salads, using as toppings and baking with, but, I had not come across Craisins® Fruit Clusters before. I decided to give them a taste on our drive home and they are truly scrumptious! And, not to mention, made with wholesome ingredients – which put them on our list of snacking and baking options for 2016.
For us, 2016 is going to be a year filled with college visits, taking and retaking the SAT’s, Scholarship applications and the like. While I am excited for my daughter, I worry about her too and see her stress level beginning to build. And, my way of helping her deal with stress has always been getting her to indulge in a good old sweat session and some wholesome eats.
So this year I am hoping to doctor up the indulgent treats a bit more than I usually do – be it with veggies or fruits or wholesome grains or protein. And, to start things off, I decided to whip up this cardamom-clove-cinnamon-ginger spiced, Craisins® & Quinoa Breakfast Bake. By the way, did you know that 1/4 cup of Craisins® Dried Cranberries provides a 1/2 cup serving of fruit?
This Craisins® & Quinoa Breakfast Bake is quite effortless to put together – in fact, it can be assembled the evening before and popped into the oven the next morning.
All you need to do is:
• Add 3/4 cup of Cranberry Almond Craisins® Fruit Clusters to the bottom of a greased oven-safe dish
• Add in 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa
• In a separate bowl, whip together 1 cup coconut milk, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, 1/4 teaspoon cloves, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, and 2 eggs. Then pour this into the dish with the quinoa and Craisins® Fruit Clusters.
• At this point you can pop it into the fridge and let it sit overnight and then bake it, or bake it immediately after garnishing it with 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, 1/8 cup drizzled honey and 3 tablespoons of Craisins® Dried Cranberries
• Once it has baked for 55 minutes at 350 degrees, it is ready to be enjoyed.
• You can top it with any fruit of your choice, coconut whipped topping &/or more honey.
*Now, this breakfast bake isn’t too high in sugar, so if you prefer it to be sweeter, then please add in a tablespoon or two more honey or brown sugar – but, I liked to use the sweet and tart zing from the Craisins® Dried Cranberries and Craisins® Fruit Clusters to flavor and sweeten this bake.
[Tweet “Add some zing to your breakfast routine w/this Breakfast Bake #BetterWithCraisins #ad @RunninSrilankan”]
What is your favorite way to enjoy Craisins® Dried Cranberries?
Have you tried Craisins® Fruit Clusters yet?
Happy, happy New Year, Y’all! Here’s hoping 2016’s unknowns are turned into joyous possibilities and opportunities for each and every one of you!