This blog post does not provide medical advice. Consult your health care practitioner regarding diet, exercise, supplementation or other lifestyle changes. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadeHealthPack #CollectiveBias
Is it a dip? Or, a spread? I dunno! What I do know is that this Pizza Hummus (from the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics) is super easy and delicious and perfect for all your seasonal get-togethers!
The older I get, the more I find myself saying “Dang, what was I thinking?!”
My daughter likes to remind me that it’s because of my age-related, failing memory…and, sometimes, I entertain the fact that she might have a point…
Like that time when I was making hummus and decided to take the lid off the blender – mid-blend to drizzle some aquafaba in! Talk about propulsion power!
I adore homemade hummus – like this Easy Delicious Pizza Hummus, so, now, I keep that blender lid on no matter what!
Hummus is a favorite around our house. While a lot of people like to enjoy hummus as a dip, my daughter and I make it into a meal with some extra veggies, olives and sometimes, some hard boiled eggs. It is such an easy way to amp up our protein intake – all while being chock full of heart-healthy fats and dietary fiber. Plus, it’s a low-Glycemic Index food meaning it causes less of a spike in blood sugar levels.
Speaking of blood-sugar levels, my mother has battled to keep hers in check for almost 40 years after having being diagnosed with the Type 2 variety in her early 30’s. For the longest time, her life was full of more learning moments balancing her sugar levels. But, she seems to have hit a stride now and has managed to find a way to keep her blood sugar levels in check with her choice of foods, activities and supplements. So, recently, when I happened on the Nature Made® Daily Diabetes Health Pack at Sam’s Club, I figured I’d pick one up for her.
Nature Made® Daily Diabetes Health Pack is scientifically formulated to supply nutritional support for people with diabetes or prediabetes. †
It provides essential vitamins and minerals for daily nutritional support. †
And, Fish oil provides important omega-3 fatty acids, EPA DHA, which help support a healthy heart. † This blog post does not provide medical advice. Consult your health care practitioner regarding diet, exercise, supplementation or other lifestyle changes.”
It provides nutrients you might be lacking from your diet. †
Nature Made® Daily Diabetes Health Pack is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended Diabetic Multivitamin Supplement Brandǂ
1. Multivitamin/Mineral: A supplement providing essential vitamins and minerals for daily nutritional support. † Fish Oil with Vitamin D3: This blog post does not provide medical advice. Consult your health care practitioner regarding diet, exercise, supplementation or other lifestyle changes. Fish oil provides essential omega-3 fatty acids, EPA DHA, which help support a healthy heart. † Vitamin D supports bone, teeth, muscle and immune health.† Vitamin D3 is the body’s preferred form of vitamin D.*
2. Vitamin D3 is more effective than vitamin D2 at raising and maintaining adequate levels of vitamin D in the body. †
3. Magnesium: Magnesium participates in more than 300 reactions in the body and is essential for nerve, muscle and heart function. Magnesium also supports healthy bones and teeth and helps convert food to cellular energy.†
4. Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps neutralize free radicals and helps iron get absorbed into the body. Vitamin C also helps support the immune system.†
5. Alpha Lipoic Acid with Green Tea: Antioxidant properties which neutralize free radicals.†
6. Chromium: Chromium is necessary for carbohydrate metabolism and utilization, and helps support healthy glucose metabolism.†
Nature Made® Daily Diabetes Health Pack
Now, back to this Pizza Hummus. All kudos for this recipe go to Holly Larson, MS, RD. I actually happened on this Pizza Hummus Recipe when I was perusing the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics as I was trying to pull together a few food items for my mom. My daughter’s curiosity was sparked when she looked over my shoulder and saw this. We quickly gathered up all 10 ingredients (which am hoping are pantry staples for y’all as well) and we decided to give them a whirl – with the blender lid on tightly, of course!
The resulting Pizza Hummus was delightfully delicious – and, while I intended to take some of it to my mom, my daughter and I polished it off with carrots, green peppers and celery and had part of it on a tortilla with some leftover grilled Brussels Sprouts. I guess I better go make another batch to take over to my mom’s along with this Nature Made® Daily Diabetes Health Pack. By the way, if you’d like to learn more about Nature Made® Daily Diabetes Health Packs, please do check them out here and follow them on Facebook!
Here’s hoping the rest of this week, and weekend are wonderful for y’all!
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.
ǂ Based on US News & World Report – Pharmacy Times Survey
Easy Pizza Hummus
This Pizza Hummus recipe is based on the Pizza Hummus recipe by Holly Larson that was published on the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Website.
- 1 can (16 oz) chick peas
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water (+ some more to get the consistency I liked)
- 1 tsp oregano (dried)
- 1 tsp basil (dried)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (I also added a bit more to get the consistency I wanted)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
Place the chickpeas, tomato paste, water, oregano, basil, olive oil, parmesan, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, garlic and salt and pepper in a blender, and placing the blender lid on, blend till all ingredients are well incorporated and mixture is creamy. You might have to add more olive oil and water like I did to get the consistency I liked.
Serve with veggie crudites, pita ships or as a spread on naan or tortillas and enjoy!