This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and NatureRaised Farms, but all my opinions are my own.
#pmedia #SCNRF http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Seasonal colds and coughs are bad – but, what seem to hit worse (at least in our household) are those colds and coughs that creep in while we happen to be stressed.
Last weekend, my daughter was super stressed. She was stressed about the unknown – you see, last weekend she started training at her very first job (making me realize that she is growing up faster than I ever expected). She was stressed before her first day (even though she found out later, that it would be a walk in the park, and that she would come to like what she did and she would like her co-workers); but, that moment of stress had left her susceptible, and, come Monday, she could barely talk without coughing.
At times like these, I turn to the healing and comforting powers of foods, first. Most times, when either of us catch a cold or cough or both, I make sure I have plenty of broccoli sautéed with onions, garlic, ginger and turmeric root on our plates along with either some chicken soup or some sort of jazzed up chicken dish.
This past week, I headed to Sam’s Club to buy a 4 lb bag of NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions from the freezer section as I knew a lot of chicken was going to be consumed in Operation-Cough-Extermination! I picked NatureRaised Farms® Chicken as they are 100% natural* and free of antibiotics, with no added hormones or steroids**.
NatureRaised Farms depends on independent family farmers to raise their all-natural* chickens. These chickens are raised in modern, open barns with great ventilation and a safe place to go when there is inclement weather, they are fed a 100% vegetarian diet, and are bred through natural selection vs genetic modification. NatureRaised Farms chicken has been certified either by USDA Agriculture Marketing Service, or, by the Global Animal Partnership.
I decided to pair up chicken with mangoes and tomatoes (for an extra boost of vitamin C) in this super simple and easy dish. All you need is one pan and one cutting board, which means more time to “oooh” and “aaaah” over each forkful of this tender chicken. There is no butter used, nor is there any cream – just mango, tomato, chicken, mushrooms, onions and good ol’ garlic! This chicken goes from cutting board to dinner plate in less than 40 minutes and is a must try – what do you say?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions
- 10 wild tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 4 white mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 mango chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- Add onion and garlic to a pan coated with the olive oil and let cook for about 5 minutes over a medium flame
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper
- Move the onion and garlic to the side of the pan and add in the chicken and let brown on one side
- Flip the chicken over and add the mushrooms, mango and tomato
- Then add in the vegetable stock and tomato paste and stir and let simmer covered for about 20 minutes over a low flame
- Uncover and stir till most of the liquid is absorbed
- Sprinkle with chili flakes (optional) and cilantro and enjoy with rice or naan or broccoli or simply by itself!
*No artificial ingredients, minimally processed
**Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken