It’ been a long while since I linked up with Amanda @ Running With Spoons to engage in some purging of my mind…to stop censoring and start thinking out loud…
• Remember those Brownie Cups that made an appearance on here yesterday?
Well – first things first – so many of y’all guessed correct (YAY!!!); the mystery ingredient was BEETS!!!
Baked and pureed in a blender, I was going to use them to give the red coloring to the Red Velvet Brownie Cups I made, however, I think there was just too much dark chocolate in the mix, but, there was no complaining!
• While one of the reasons behind making these Brownie Cups was because my daughter wanted to enjoy them before her upcoming oral surgery; the other reason was because last year on June 12th, I released my very first post – which makes “Runnin Srilankan” a year old today! Yup, it’s this shawty’s birthday – or Blogversary! 🙂
• I know I’ve said this before, but I need to say it again – when I started out I never thought I would run into as many wonderful guys and gals as I have. Along the way, I have lost a few initial followers and gained a few new ones and then there are those loyal ones, and I am so grateful for you ALL! From the bottom of my heart thank you for your personal and supportive comments – for trying out my recipes – for answering my emails – for letting me tag y’all in chain posts – for taking the time to hook me up with Pinterest tips – for emailing me to let me know your comments are not showing up – for participating in my mystery ingredient recipe posts – thank you, thank you, thank you – sending you all a big, gynormous, virtual hug and hoping to give y’all one in person-one day!
• Speaking of meeting – anyone coming to Atlanta for TECHmunch (A one day food blogger conference) in September or Bloggy Boot Camp in October?
• Sometimes I get involved in conversations with people I hadn’t met before – yesterday, a lady in line at the grocery store made a comment about how younger people are less caring these days – I was not quite sure what she had seen or heard that sparked this comment, but, it got me thinking…I have been around plenty of teens who have held a door open for me, who have not just shown me where a restroom is in a new school I was visiting – but walked me to it, who have picked up stuff that fell out of my arms. Yesterday, the lady at the oral surgeons office where my daughter had her wisdom teeth removed even told me that not even one adult had asked her how her day had been going – but my daughter did (it’s not just her report card but actions like these that make me proud to be her mom)…and then I found this video…about the younger generation…take a quick look and let me know your consensus…
Happy, Happy Thursday Yall!
P.S. Yesterday was National Hug Day!