This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFree4All #CollectiveBias
Sweet and salty, creamy and crunchy, caramelly and chocolatey, ALL unite in one dairy-free, cool, classy and sophisticated, Salted Caramel Parfait!
This Sunday found me puttering around in my kitchen trying to finish off the dairy-free, refined sugar-free, caramel sauce you see below, when my daughter says, “mom, you know what, you aren’t sophisticated or classy!“
My first thought is did she really say that? Maybe those caramel fumes are messing with my hearing?
But then she repeats herself and before I even have a chance to exhale those caramel fumes, she follows it with, “you’ve not denying it then?“
She is perched on one of the bar stools in our kitchen, and, without looking up from her phone, she goes on to say “and, you don’t own a top hat or toss back a drink as you chuckle at the sunset – or, do you?“
At this point, I figure she is trying to answer some sort of quiz for me, so, I risk burning the sauce to try to grab her phone from her – but that child of mine channeled her Tae Kwon Do skills and managed to wiggle it -and herself- out of grabbing range.
“Mom, I’m bold so strawberry fits me well, but you’ve really gotta pick a new flavor of frozen deliciousness to crush on because if you are a vanilla bean personality, then you’ve had me fooled these past 17 years! At least, that’s according to Buzzfeed!” At this point, I’m half thinking that there’s an asteism, or a backhanded compliment, in there somewhere – don’t you sort of see it too? Or, am I just reaching?
O Buzzfeed, that mighty navigator of quizdom, has a quiz for just about everything from What Cartoon Should You Watch Based On Your Food Preferences to What Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor Says About You!
I tried (in vain) again to grab her phone to make a *more informed* frozen treat choice, but she was too quick for me. So, when I found myself standing in the frozen dessert aisle at Walmart, I picked a flavor I’d tried and had to share before – So Delicious Dairy Free® Cashew Milk Salted Caramel Cluster and decided then and there that sharing was overrated! Right? Don’t worry, I got my daughter some So Delicious Dairy Free® Coconut Milk Simply Strawberry to keep her cool!
As I had whipped up a batch of Caramel sauce (which I first saw on The Iron You) I figured I’d use it to make some gluten-free, dairy-free, Salted Caramel Bites – with only 4 ingredients!
Salted Caramel Bites + So Delicious Dairy Free® Cashew Milk Salted Caramel Cluster Frozen Treat + lightly salted almonds + lightly salted cashews + Caramel Sauce = Salted Caramel Parfait = Why I eat dessert first!
As I am lactose intolerant, So Delicious Dairy Free® frozen treats keep me from clearing a room. TMI eh? But, some dairy-full products can do a number on my gut. So Delicious® Dairy Free have been perfecting their products for the past 25 years so it’s no surprise they know a thing or two about doing dairy free right! So Delicious Dairy Free® frozen treats are plant-based, certified vegan, cholesterol-free, dairy-free and egg-free; with no high-fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives and are Non-GMO Project Verified.
[Tweet “Salted Caramel Parfait w/Salted Caramel Bites & Sauce #DairyFree4All #ad @Walmart”]
This Salted Caramel Parfait turned out so much better than I expected that I couldn’t help sharing it with my daughter – who just couldn’t seem to find the personality that went with Salted Caramel!
You can find out more about the wide array of products So Delicious Dairy Free® has to fill your dairy-free needs by clicking >HERE<
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free® Cashew Milk Salted Caramel Cluster
- 10 Salted Caramel Bites
- Handful of lightly salted almonds
- Handful of lightly salted cashews
- Dairy-free Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour ground up rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 tablespoons dairy-free Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup palm treacle palm treacle is a refined sugar free sweetener available at South Asian stores or you can use maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In glass parfait bowls, add a layer of So Delicious Dairy Free® Cashew Milk Salted Caramel Cluster
- Then add in a handful of lightly salted almonds and a handful of lightly salted cashews
- Add a couple more scoops of So Delicious Dairy Free® Cashew Milk Salted Caramel
- Top with Salted Caramel Bites and Dairy-free Salted Caramel Sauce
- Add coconut flour, oat flour, coconut oil and Salted Caramel Sauce to a bowl and mix well using a spoon or your hands.
- Form into balls/bites and refrigerate to firm - about 30 minutes to an hour
- Add coconut milk and palm treacle or maple syrup to a pan, bring it to a boil and then lower flame and let it simmer for about 40 minutes making sure to stir it ever so often
- Add in the pinch of salt, coconut oil and vanilla and let cook another 7-10 minutes till sauce thickens.
- Let cool and pour into a mason jar and use as needed.