By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Cape Cod Select and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. While I was not compensated for my time, I did receive free product samples. As always, all opinions are my own.
Made with cranberries, sweetened condensed coconut milk & hints of cinnamon, vanilla and cardamom, this Sweet Potato Cranberry Soufflé is sure to be a hit!
I thought I had squelched my rebellious nature a long time ago. Then, I happened on an old recipe for a sweet potato soufflé/bake and I felt like Bruce Banner trying to keep from birthing The Hulk!
You see, I managed to go off refined sugar for a couple of months around Halloween. And, I even shocked myself when I didn’t feel the need to ransack store shelves the day after for 50% off Halloween Candy! But, I feel like I jumped into an alternate universe on my being-refined-sugar-free-journey as now my taste-buds seem to think that sweet potato trumps chocolate! After I came across that recipe, my brain replaced it’s grey matter with sweet potato soufflé! GAH!
So, I gave in. I indulged my inner rebel (and my taste-buds) and made a sugar-full sweet potato soufflé!
It was just too sweet for me! Darn that being-refined-sugar-free-journey!
So, I decided to tart-it-up and threw in some Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries!
In addition to the cranberries, this Sweet Potato Cranberry Soufflé does not contain the traditional milk and sugar. It, however, does contain sweetened condensed COCONUT milk – making it a dairy free option for myself and my fellow lactose intolerant friends!
Cape Cod Select provides me with premium frozen yet fresh cranberries year-round. With over 75 years experience, Cape Cod select uses cranberries that are grown to the highest standards in the industry by Edgewood Bogs LLC – first United States grower to achieve EUREPGAP Certification. Cape Cod Select is a family owned and run company that always looks to go above and beyond with their products and services. Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries can be found in Atlanta at Super H Mart stores and some natural health stores.
[Tweet “Sweet Potato Cranberry Soufflé #CookWithCranberries @CapeCodSelect #ad #CapeCodSelectContest”]
Sweet Potato Cranberry Soufflé
- 3 baked/cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs at room temperature or they will solidify the coconut oil and keep it from mixing well
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk can be found at natural and health food stores
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries dredged in 1 tablespoon gluten free flour or any flour
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add sweet potatoes, eggs, coconut oil, coconut condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt to a blender or food blend till well incorporated and fluffy.
- Then turn off blender/food processor and gently fold in the cranberries.
- Pour sweet potato cranberry mix into a small oven safe baking tray
- Then mix the pecans, condensed milk and cinnamon together to make the topping.
- Using a spoon or your hand, drop and spread out the topping
- Bake Sweet Potato Cranberry Soufflé for 30-35 minutes
- Let cool a bit and enjoy with whipped coconut cream or plain.