Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. All opinions are mine alone. #StopPainNow #CollectiveBias
Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” and, I gotta admit, I have been pretty darn insane! In 2016 I managed to sustain an IT band injury due to bad running form while repeatedly trying to race my daughter. While I was told to take a break from running to recover, stubborn-insane old me didn’t! And well, the pain never went away.
No surprise – eh?! In fact, it got worse (again no surprise eh?). And, I actually ended up taking a couple of days off running to give my leg a break. But, recovery takes more than a couple of days and, well, I have a problem with not moving for too long!
So, what’s a girl to do?
Well, I resorted to moving in other ways!
5 of My favorite Ways to Keep Moving:
• I started going on long, slow, hikes through woods and paved trails with my un-furry and furry “people.”
• I signed up for Les Mills On Demand after reading about fellow blogger, Katie’s (from Healthy Seasonal Recipes), love for it. I gotta say, I didn’t realize upper cuts and punches could make up for one heck of a sweat session!
• And, I graduated from dumbbells to barbells!
• Of course, I made sure to fill up on turmeric eats like these Turmeric Chickpea Bites. My mom often eats turmeric to ward off pain saying the curcumin in turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant even though it’s just a small quantity of it in the amount of turmeric used.
• And, I invested in a bottle of Curamin® Stop Pain Now to manage my pain so I could keep moving in other ways. Curamin® is a safe, effective, non-addictive herbal formula that is different from over-the-counter pain meds and prescription drugs that can sometimes have negative side effects. Curamin®, with herbs such as curcumin and boswellia, is supplement that doesn’t just mask occasional pain, it gets to the source and stops it. Curamin® has been recognized throughout the natural product industry for life-changing pain relief with 28 awards including being the #1 Selling Brand as well as being voted #1 for Pain Relief.
Stop pain now!
If you have been suffering from long term pain and want to keep moving, you might want to check out Curamin® and you too will be saying: “Hello Curamin. Goodbye Pain.”
Vegan Turmeric Chickpea BitesPrint
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsps turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (and more for pan-frying)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add chickpeas, red onion, garlic, turmeric, garam masala, salt, pepper, lime juice and olive oil into a food processor or blender and blend till done. You might have to pulse and scrape down 2 or 3 times. Mixture is ready and you can roll it into a ball.
Roll into balls and flatten them slightly.
Place an oven safe pan (we will be putting it in the oven after pan frying) on the stove top, turn it on low-medium and add a couple of tablespoons olive oil into it.
Place the Turmeric Chickpea Bites in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on one side. Flip them over and place the pan in the oven for 10 minutes.
Serve on a bed of greens with a sauce of your choice - I simply whipped up a yogurt turmeric one with a pinch of salt and lime juice.
Speaking of keeping on moving … you see that I have moved on from Runnin Srilankan. This is my first post as Savory Spin. I am making changes over these next week or so, so thank you for bearing with me. I hope y’all all have a wonderful Friday and weekend!