1/4 cup brown sugar, can sub honey or plain sugar and can increase quantity for sweeter bars
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/3 cup roasted and mashed kabocha
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- First off, I roasted my kabocha squash (aka Japanese pumpkin) for 45 minutes in a 375 degree oven. When it was done, I set it aside to come to room temperature before scooping out 1 1/3 cup to use for this recipe. Roasted kabocha is delicious plain with almond butter or you can have it on hand for recipes like this.
- To make these Chocolate Chip Kabocha Bars, Preheat oven to 370 degrees
- Place ALL the ingredients in a bowl, grab a whisk and mix well with a spatula/spoon.
- Then place the mix in a parchment lined 8x8 baking tray and place a few more chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 35-37 minutes
- Let cool completely before slicing into 12 pieces.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 87 Saturated Fat: 1.8g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 119mg Carbohydrates: 8.7g Fiber: 0.9g Sugar: 7.1g Protein: 2.3g