This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #AllNaturalPork #CollectiveBias
Is it just me or has there been a major spike in technological advancements recently? Just the other day I read about these new-fangled, contact lenses with a built-in, blink-triggered, camera in them. Then I heard about the line of completely solar-powered GoSun stoves and grills in the same article that I read about The Nima which can detect gluten in foods in less than 2 minutes – which would be a huge breakthrough if you suffer from Celiac disease. Shortly after, I saw an EHang drone that could carry a passenger in it and started dreaming of all the pros of having one of these! Just imagine – I could come to each and every one of y’alls homes and personally sample the delectable eats y’all post – no more licking the screen for this gal!
Of course, all these gadgets and gizmos started to get me excited as I was hoping that someone, somewhere would come up with a mango peeler-and-cuber – but alas, my hope was to no avail. You see, I adore mangoes – and often go overboard when I run into ripe, juicy mangoes at Walmart! But, mangoes take time to be peeled and cubed. I hate to confess this, but sometimes, I just slice into a mango and simply suck the flesh off the skin – yes, it’s a messy sight, but hey, when you are a hardcore mango lover, you get dogs and have them lick the mess up!
Just kidding. Maybe.
Recently I’ve resorted to pureeing some of the mangoes I bring home from Walmart in an attempt to make them last longer. I then use that puree in baked goods soups, dips, and marinades like this Curry Mango Marinade that enveloped these spiced Smithfield® All Natural Boneless Pork Chops – which I also happened to pick up from Walmart when I was stocking up on ripe mangoes!
You could earn $0.75 when you purchase (1) Smithfield® All Natural Fresh Pork product (while supplies last) by grabbing this Ibotta coupon!
Smithfield® All Natural Fresh Pork Chops are free of steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients. They are naturally tender and juicy and happen to be versatile enough for an easy and quick weeknight meal or a gourmet entrée for weekend entertaining. Smithfield® All Natural Fresh Pork Chops are proudly raised in the USA by Smithfield farm families.
Getting back to these Curried Mango Pork Chops, in order to get a tastebud-tingling mix of sweet and spicy, I used a curry powder and paprika dry rub on the Smithfield® All Natural Boneless Pork Chops and pan sauteed them to seal in that first layer of flavor before smothering them with a paprika and curry spiced mango marinade. Just 6 ingredients (with garnishes) and in less than 30 minutes you can have a delicious, flavor-packed dinner on your table. My daughter and I enjoyed these Curried Mango Pork Chops with a side of roasted broccoli and a dipping sauce of the thickened Curry Mango marinade – you can add in some brown rice or rolls as well.
Smithfield farms made a quick video of these Curried Mango Pork Chops and I am hoping it will convince y’all to get cooking!
Curried Mango Pork Chops
- Dry Rub consisting of:
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Curried Mango Glaze/Sauce:
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh ripe mango - pureed
2 tablespoons olive oil
- cilantro and red pepper flakes to garnish
- 5 pork chops
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Make the marinade/sauce in a small pan, by adding the pureed mango, curry, paprika and salt together and place over a low flame and let simmer
- Make the dry rub by mixing the smoked paprika, curry powder, salt and pepper together
- Rub each of the pork chops with the dry rub on each side
- Add olive oil to an oven-safe pan and, when hot, add pork chops to pan and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side
- Then add a tablespoon or so of curried mango glaze to each of the pork chops
- And place pan with pork chops in the preheated oven for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, take curried mango marinade/sauce off the stove top when it has thickened some (total of 7 minutes)
- When pork chops are done, remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes
- Serve garnished with cilantro and papper flakes if desired and Curried Mango sauce on the side.
To learn more about how Smithfield® provides quality pork, visit this site.
And, don’t forget to enter the Sweepstakes!
So, when I say pork, how do you see yourself enjoying it?
What fruits would you pair your Smithfield® All Natural Fresh Pork Chops with?