This post has been sponsored by Wish-Bone and Tyson. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
These super-simple, simply-scrumptious, Spicy Roasted Veggie & Chicken Buddha Bowls are made with Tyson Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips, roasted veggies that have been brushed with Wish-Bone Italian Dressing and strips of TortillaLand Corn Tortillas – that have also been brushed with Wish-Bone Italian Dressing.
K.I.S.S. “keep it simple student” is something I hear often in my programming class.
Yes, I am a student – at my ripe old age!
You see, in the quest to never stop learning, I enrolled in a web development program at a local college at the beginning of this year.
Somedays, I seriously question my sanity for embarking on this journey.
Other days, I am so excited about waking up the left side of my normally design-oriented-right-brain in these left-brain-provoking, programming classes.
The professor in one of my programming classes has been reminding us of the importance of the acronym KISS since day one.
He often brings up Antoine de Saint-Exupery’s quote of “perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
After listening to that quote for almost two months – I can say that it is finally sinking in.
I’ve been trying my darndest to keep things simple, and not to add in all the pictures and all the sounds on a trial site I have been building from scratch.
And, those days when I’m up to my eyeballs in trying to figure out what am doing wrong with a piece of code, I try my darndest to keep things simple in the kitchen for dinner as well.
As my daughter has been doing the vegetarian thing, those nights when I want a quick chicken dinner and don’t want to cook some chicken just for myself, I stop by my neighborhood Kroger and pick up a package of Tyson Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips. Tyson chicken believes that it’s “the simple things that make life, and chicken, great.” Tyson chicken contains no fillers, no preservatives, and no added hormones or steroids. Just 100% real stuff!
I like pairing Tyson Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips with roasted veggies for me and chickpeas or tofu for my daughter. Recently, we stumbled on the pure joy of eating roasted veggies such as potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower that have been brushed with some Wish-Bone Italian Dressing before being roasted. No other added spices – just Wish-Bone Italian Dressing and a squirt of cooking spray and simple scrumptiousness on a baking sheet!
While we were at Kroger recently picking up Tyson chicken and Wish-Bone Italian Dressing, my daughter found some uncooked TortillaLand Corn tortillas in the refrigerator section by the cheese and queso and suggested we bake them up into chips to enjoy with our bowls. But, I figured strips would work better. While we found these TortillaLand Corn tortillas by the cheese and queso, they can often be found in the refrigerator section of the Hispanic Foods aisle at your local Kroger store.
Now, while I enjoyed my Wish-Bone Italian Dressing brushed roasted veggies and Tyson Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips in a buddha bowl, these same ingredients can easily be enjoyed in a cooked TortillaLand tortilla – as a easy, portable, burrito or wrap or even a pizza! Which would be perfect for children or picky eaters who seek variety – don’t you think?
Spicy Roasted Veggie & Chicken Buddha BowlsPrint
- ¾ cup Tyson Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 potatoes cubed
- ½ cup Wish-Bone Italian Salad Dressing
- 3 to 4 TortillaLand Corn Tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper optional
- Parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange broccoli, cauliflower and potatoes on a greased baking tray.
- Brush the Wish-Bone Italian Salad Dressing over them.
- Spritz with some cooking spray and if so desired, sprinkle on a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place them in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes (check for doneness as ovens vary in temperature).
- When the vegetables have been in the oven for about 15 minutes, start prepping the TortillaLand Corn Tortillas by first brushing them with some Wish-Bone Italian Salad Dressing.
- Cut them into strips and arrange onto a baking tray and place them in the oven along with the veggies for about 7-10 minutes.
- While the veggies and TortillaLand Tortillas are baking, place the Tyson Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips in a pan and heat up according to package instructions.
- Then, when veggies are done, assemble your buddha bowl by piling it high with roasted broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes and Tyson Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips and topping it all with some crunchy TortillaLand Corn Tortillas and parsley.
- Drizzle with additional Wish-Bone Italian dressing if desired.