This is a luscious and Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup that is made with lactose-free milk. And, with only 353 calories per serving, I say we grab our spoons and get slurping!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MadeWithA2Milk #CollectiveBias
When I was in my teens, I had the biggest crush on the lead singer of a band called a-ha!
BTW, if you are wondering what this has to do with this Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup… hang in for a few lines and all will be clear.
Yes – you might know them for their hit “Take on Me.” But, they had so many more hits marked by brilliant melodies, lyrics, and vocals – like for example this song: “Did Anyone Approach You” (guaranteed to have you bobbing your head and tapping your feet too).
Back then, all I ever did was look and drool from afar (a whole continent afar).
Much like I did when it came to luscious and creamy soups!
Yes, I have (digestive) issues with milk that go way back.
So, as much as I love creamy soups, I’ve shied away from them, opting for broth-based soups instead. However, a couple of weeks ago when my daughter and I were at Sprouts, I came across a2 Milk®.
The label got me curious, and I Googled it to find that a2 Milk® is natural milk that comes from selected cows that naturally produce only the A2 protein; while ordinary cows’ milk contains A1 and A2 beta-casein proteins. A2 protein is digested differently from A1 – thus making it more suitable for those of us with stomach-churning issues from regular milk.
I brought home a half gallon and figured I’d put it to the test – the only way I knew how.
I picked a Friday night, so I wouldn’t have to call out sick the next day due to “digestive distress.” And had a date with a tall, cold glass of a2 Milk®. And the lack of any signs of digestive distress was quite pleasantly surprising!
So, I figured I’d go a step ahead and whip up a batch of creamy chicken and vegetable soup for my daughter and I.
And y’all this soup was quite pleasantly surprising.
Why do we love this Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup?
We love this Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup because it is creamy and simply luscious.
It has such a depth of flavor from the onions, garlic, ginger, paprika, and tomato paste. The vegetables, chicken, spices, stock, gluten-free flour, and milk united in such perfect harmony that they had my daughter saying this was the best soup she had had!
What are the ingredients needed to make this Chicken Vegetable Soup?
You will need the following 16 ingredients:
- Red onion
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger
- Olive oil
- Free-range chicken breasts
- Ground turmeric
- Ground paprika
- Chicken stock
- Tomato paste
- Fresh celery
- Orange bell pepper
- Baby bella mushrooms
- a2 Milk
- Gluten-free flour
- Green onions chopped for garnish
How to make this Creamy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Start by sautéing 1 chopped red onion, 4 chopped cloves of garlic, and a grated 1-inch piece of ginger in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat
- When onion is tender (about 7 minutes) add in 3/4 lbs of cubed chicken breasts and sauté till chicken is cooked through
- Then add in 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional), 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil
- Then add in 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 3 sliced stalks of celery, 3 sliced carrots, 1 chopped orange bell pepper, and 5 sliced baby Bella mushrooms and let simmer covered for 15 mins on a low flame
- As soup is simmering, in a separate bowl/cup add 2 cups of milk and whisk in 3 tablespoons of gluten-free flour
- Add the milk and flour mixture to the chicken and vegetables and let cook for 3 minutes
- Garnish with green onions and serve warm
Hoping y’all enjoy this soup as much as my daughter and I did/do!