Slightly sweet, slightly savory, hugely tasty, these baked Cinnamon Bacon Doughnuts also happen to be gluten free and are perfect for breakfast or even a party snack!
Today happens to be a pretty special day!
Today, we are having a party! A surprise-virtual party which I am so stinking excited to be a part of!
Today, Chris @ Shared Appetite rallied 21 of us bloggers together to throw a surprise virtual manly baby-shower for fellow food blogger, my dear friend and mentor, and member of the dude-food-blogger “wolfpack” – David @ Spiced! David and his wife, Laura are expecting their first baby in November and well – SURPRISE Mr. & Mrs. Spiced!!!
So, for this party I decided to show up baring these Cinnamon Bacon Doughnuts.
These baked, gluten free, doughnuts were inspired by the powdered sugar doughnuts David posted earlier this year. I had given up making doughnuts till I stumbled on his recipe and – the cliche is true – the rest was history! Now doughnuts are a part of our monthly weekend ritual!
One weekend, I made some cinnamon doughnuts which my daughter and I decided to have with a side of bacon, when my daughter suggested I should just bake the cinnamon doughnuts with the bacon inside them. Which is what lead to these, slightly sweet, slightly savory, hugely tasty, Cinnamon Bacon Doughnuts with a cinnamon drizzle and bacon crumbles!
Congrats David and Laura – all the cliches out there about babies are true – the joy that little Spiced is gonna bring to y’alls home is indescribable! Wishing you both a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery. I am so excited for y’all and cannot wait to meet Baby Spiced!
And, Chris @ Shared Appetite – thanks so very much for rallying us together and hosting this fabulous virtual-baby shower for David!
Cinnamon Bacon Doughnuts
- 1 1/4 cup gluten Free All Purpose flour I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lg egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 pieces cooked bacon - crumbled
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or milk of your choice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 piece cooked bacon crumbled up
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly grease a doughnut baking tray (I used coconut oil to grease it)
- Mix the all purpose four, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon together
- Make a well in the dry mixture and add the egg, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract and mix well with the dry mix
- Fold in the bacon crumbles
- Spoon into Doughnut baking tray and bake for 10 minutes
- Make drizzle by combining milk, confectioners sugar, cinnamon and vanilla together
- Drizzle on top of doughnuts - and sprinkle bacon crumbles on top and enjoy!
Y’all Gotta check out these other Drool-inducing Baby Shower Recipes!
Philadelphia Cheesesteak – Southern Style by Beer Girl Cooks
Cider Braised Brisket by Foodness Gracious
Vanilla Almond Snowball Cake by Pizzazzerie
Something Amazing by Real Food By Dad
Cinnamon Bacon Donuts by Runnin Srilankan
Buffalo Garlic Knots by Shared Appetite