This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone.
These soft and chewy Candied Ginger Oatmeal Cookies are not too sweet. Their white chocolate drizzle balances off the bits of candied ginger in them, and, they just happen to be gluten free!
Some people might say it's just plain luck and some people say it's more, but my daughter and I have been so fortunate to have had people step into our lives and lend a hand, or an ear, or a meal, at the most pertinent of times. One of these everyday angels walked into our home the first afternoon we moved in, with a mini loaf of warm banana bread. And, every Christmas since, she has dropped by with a mini loaf of warm banana bread - just enough for my daughter and I to share.
She is our neighbor from a few doors down - she is without a doubt one of the spiffiest retirees on this street! From her immaculate self-maintained yard to the tips she emails me on ways to pinch a penny or two, she has been such an inspiration to me. Sadly, recently, she informed me that she has been thinking about selling her home and moving. I hate to see her go. At first I thought that I should hide in the bushes and charge the people who came to look at her house, thus frightening them out of buying - but that wouldn't be right - or would it?
Instead I figured we could do something special for her. Most Christmas, we give her a box of cookies. But this year, to show her how much her kind gestures over the years have meant to us, I figured I would include a small Hallmark Ornament along with these Candied Ginger Oatmeal Cookies.
These Candied Ginger Oatmeal Cookies need only 9 ingredients, one bowl and one baking tray:
• You start of by adding 1/2 cup of Gluten Free All Purpose Flour to a bowl...
• Along with 1 cup of gluten free rolled oats...
• 1/3 cup brown sugar...
• 1 teaspoon baking powder...
• and, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon - and you make sure to mix all these dry ingredients together.
• Then, you add in 1 egg, 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and mix well
• Then finally, you stir in 2 - 3 tablespoons of chopped up candied ginger pieces
• Form into circles, flatten the circle a bit...and...
• Bake for 15 minutes on a parchment lined baking tray, at 350 degrees.
• Remove from oven and let cool
• When cookies have cooled down, melt about a 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips and drizzle on top of the cookies.
At first, since we speak the language of food, I figured I would give her a Mini Mouse Cupcake Hallmark Ornament, but then when I came across this Hallmark Ornament at my local Walmart store - why - it had her name all over it!
[Tweet "Candied Ginger Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten Free) #SendHallmark #ad @RunninSrilankan"]
Have y'all seen 2015's Hallmark Ornaments at Walmart yet? These Hallmark Ornaments are not located in the card section, but near the front of the store or near the Christmas decorations section (where I found mine).
Who is an everyday angel in your life?
I sure hope you find the perfect Hallmark Ornament for your Christmas tree &/or to give as a gift to an everyday angel in your life.