This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TailgateWithATwist #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
Super simple, super flavorful, these Spicy Veggie Burger Stuffed Sweet Potatoes so wanna be at your next tailgating or homegating get-together!
Hurricane Irma passed through my neck of the woods leaving behind uprooted trees, power outages and a marked chill in the air. Now, a chill for me might not be the same as a chill for you, as anything below 70 has me pulling out sweaters. But, a chill in the air usually means fall and fall means homegating and tailgating get-togethers!
And, most football centered get-togethers means scrumdidlyumptious foods – at least for me! Now, I’m absolutely no good at shouting-at-the-players-like-they-can-hear-me-through-the-telly and understanding football-gibberish like some people seem to have mastered; but, one thing I can do well is “guard” the table with ALL the foods 😉 This year my daughter started college at a University that’s known for it’s love and support of football and is entitled to discounted tickets. You bet, she is pretty popular among my friends now as most of them want to tailgate at one of those college football games – no matter if that means camping out overnight for a premium spot!
I’m not so sure I’d be camping out overnight for a premium tailgating spot (or for anything for that matter), but I will show up when the food is ready! And, I might even bring a vegetarian dish like these Spicy Veggie Burger Stuffed Sweet Potatoes to share! These Spicy Veggie Burger Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are super simple to make! I cut up one grilled veggie burger from the MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger Value Pack and one from the MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Burger pack I picked up at Walmart. By the way, you can make use of this Ibotta® Coupon when picking up three of your favorite MorningStar Farms® products!
I sauteed up that MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger as well as that MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Burger with some caramelized onions, crispy mushrooms, honey, chili powder, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, and cilantro and stuffed the mixture into some baked and sliced sweet potatoes. The combination of the spiced onions, mushrooms and veggie burgers with the sweet potatoes was the perfect balance, but, sometimes, my daughter enjoys that mixture sans the sweet potatoes.
My daughter is a vegetarian and we often have a Smörgåsbord of MorningStar Farms® products in our freezer! If you happen to peek into our freezer right now, you will find MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers (which have the honor of being touted “America’s #1 Veggie Burger”) as well as MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Burgers, MorningStar Farms® Original Chik Patties, and MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Chik Patties! My daughter is a huge proponent of the fact that veggie foods can be part of our lives in exciting times such as homegating and tailgating get-togethers, while still preserving the spirit of grilling out.
While I’m not a vegetarian myself, when she’s off at college, I often find myself enjoying eggs, greens and a MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger. Yes, you could say that MorningStar Farms® products are a convenient and delicious “as-is” meal solution for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Next time you are at Walmart, grab yourself a few MorningStar Farms® products and “Grill it to believe it” yourself!
Spicy Veggie Burger Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- 1 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger - cut up
- 1 MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Burger - cut up
- 1 onion diced
- 1 8 oz pkg sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsps honey
- 2 tsps cilantro
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Add 2 tblsps of olive oil to a pan over medium heat and then add onions to it and saute till translucent. Then, set onions aside on a plate.
- Using the same pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and add mushrooms to it. Let mushrooms saute about 5 minutes then flip and saute another 5 minutes - or till they are golden and a tad crispy on both sides.
- Add onions back into pan with mushrooms, then add in cut up MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger, cut up MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Burger, along with cumin, coriander, chili powder, honey and 1 tsp chopped cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, slice baked sweet potatoes and scoop out a bit in the middle of the slices. Then, add in Spicy Veggie Burger mix into the sweet potatoes, garnish with cilantro and enjoy!