Easy and delicious, these gluten free, Nutty Vegan Peach Raspberry Muffins are gently spiced with cardamom and would make a delicious breakfast treat or anytime snack with a cup of coffee or tea.
Summer is almost here, which means it’s gonna be erupting peaches all around here in HotLanta!
And I cannot wait.
Ripe, deliciously juicy peaches are hard to beat in flavor.
My daughter and I love to poach ripe peach halves in a boiling water bath with sugar, cardamom, cinnamon and vanilla dropped in for flavor.
After just a few minutes, we rescue those peach halves and remove the skin. The gorgeous coloring of the peach skin is left behind on the peach flesh – which almost makes it hard to sink our spoons into those peaches. But – the key word is almost! Because, with a scoop of ice cream, it is hard to resist sinking our spoons into those deliciously poached peaches!
But today, I don’t have a recipe for poached peaches to share – but I do have these Nutty Vegan Peach and Raspberry Muffins!
I will be honest and say, I am not a huge fan of vegan baking. In fact, I recently made some Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes for a vegan friend of mine and found them to be just too gummy.
The world wide interwebs have informed me that flax eggs could be the culprit behind this gummy texture.
So, when I made these Nutty Vegan Peach Raspberry Muffins, I decided to lighten up the gummy texture by adding in some almond flour. And, that seemed to do the trick. These muffins were a lot more airy in texture than those carrot cake cupcakes were, and my daughter was disappointed that I only made six… but, you can easily double or triple this recipe to suit your needs!
These muffins are chock full of walnuts, raspberries and ripe peaches. They are quite filling due to the almond flour in them. Enjoy these Nutty Vegan Peach Raspberry Muffins paired with a hot cup of coffee or a tall cold glass of milk or even an ice cold sparkling beverage for a refreshing summer treat.
They are perfect for breakfast or a snack. They even pack well if you decide to take these with you to enjoy after a summer hike.
Gluten Free Nutty Vegan Peach Raspberry Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour plus 1 tablespoon, I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 tablespoon Flax Meal
- 3 tablespoons Warm Water
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1 Fresh Peach cut up
- 1/4 cup Raspberries
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cups and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon flax meal and 3 tablespoons warm water to a bowl. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes to make a flax egg.
- In another bowl, add in the 1/2 cup of gluten free flour blend, salt, baking powder, cardamom, sugar, almond flour in a bowl and stir well.
- Make a “hole” in the middle of the dry ingredients and add in the flax egg, almond milk, and coconut oil and stir well.
- Dust the peaches and raspberries with the remaining 1 tbsp of gluten free flour blend and mix them into the muffin mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon mixture into muffins cups and bake for 25 minutes.
I would love to know if you’ve make this recipe or any other recipe from this blog so please do rate the recipe and let me know your thoughts on it in the comments below.
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to get recipe ideas and inspiration.