Add a little crunch of deliciousness to your chaotic mornings with these easy, delicious, gluten free Ginger Granola Breakfast Cookies!
Most weekday mornings my alarm goes off at 4.30am. After hitting snooze a couple of times, I get out of bed all combobulated and stumble into the kitchen. If I’m lucky, I’ve set the coffee machine to automatically brew the previous night so that in the morning, when I stumble into the kitchen all I must do is wait for the coffee to brew and ingest God’s nectar to get me grooving and moving!
Those mornings I have enough of time to sit down to a leisurely breakfast of Apple Walnut Granola, Greek Yogurt and Honey with my second cup of coffee as I check my blog stats.
Of course, there are those other mornings (which seem to happen more than I like) when I hit that snooze button 500 million times and wake up to find that I haven’t set the coffee machine to brew automatically so I add in the coffee grinds and hit the brew button only to realize I forgot to add in water. And, so begins the chaos of the morning.
Mornings like this don’t give me a whole lot of time to indulge in a bowl of granola and yogurt. So, for those crazy hectic mornings I make myself these grab-and-go, gluten-free, Ginger Granola Breakfast Cookies!
I made these cookies with the basic ingredients I use to make granola. Only, instead of just 1 egg white, I add two as well as 1 whole egg. So, not only are these Ginger Granola Breakfast Cookies gluten free and spicealicious, they also have a hefty helping of protein!
Now, I love candied ginger and usually have a pack hanging out in my fridge at all times for an easy snack or to add to baked treats like these breakfast cookies. If you don’t have candied ginger or aren’t a fan, please feel free to leave them out. If you’d like to add in some crumbled apple chips or orange zest, then go right ahead.
These Ginger Granola Breakfast Cookies smell so intoxicating when they are baking and even after when they have cooled to room temperature. These are crunchy and go just as well with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk.
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Candied Ginger, chopped (optional)
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt coconut oil by placing it in a microwave safe bowl and microwaving for 15-20 seconds.
- Then add in maple syrup and mix well with coconut oil.
- Add in the oats, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and mix well.
- Then add in the cut up pieces of candied ginger
- Whisk the egg with a fork and add it to mixture.
- Add the egg whites to a boil and whisk them until they are frothy, then add them to the mix as well.
- Add spoonfuls of this granola mixture onto parchment lined baking tray.
- Spray two tablespoons with cooking oil and use the backs of them to shape the spoonfuls into cookies. The oat/granola mixture will be very “loose” but don’t worry, after it bakes, it will hold its shape well.
- Bake these ginger granola cookies at 325°F for 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
* Percent Daily Value are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrition Facts are estimated based on ingredients and data provided by Fat Secret. Please consult a doctor if you have special dietary needs.
Amount Per Serving Calories 99 Sodium 100mg Sugar 8g