A little bit naughty (hello creamy milk chocolate), a little bit nutritious, these Easy No Bake Chocolate Pistachio Bites call for 5 ingredients (6 if you include salt) and are a delicious anytime pick me up!
Since it’s beginning four years and 2 days ago, this little blog of mine has introduced me to quite a few fantabulous bloggers and blogs! And, over these past few years, I’ve torturously employed my salivary glands in drooling over recipe after delicious recipe. However, one question has sprung from all that recipe reading and drooling. And, that is – do I count salt and pepper as ingredients or not? Some include them when they do a tally of all the ingredients that go into a dish and others don’t… and am not sure where I stand…
It’s kind of like the whole sleep dilemma. My daughter says she can never have too much sleep, with her pulling off 9+ hours every night she can. To support her theory, she likes to bring up the fact that Albert Einstein used to indulge in 10+ hours of sleep! As much as I love to indulge in some serious shut-eye, too much of it can leave me struggling to get back into my sleep-grove! After a long night of sleep, I end up wide awake the next night, and indubitably, stay up way late to balance off the extra sleep hours. So, what do you think? Is there such a thing as too much sleep?
Do you include salt and pepper in your total number of ingredients?
If salt was indeed counted as one, then these little, Super Easy No Bake Chocolate Pistachio Bites consist of 6 ingredients: pistachios, certified gluten-free old fashioned oats, chia seeds, dates, indulgent milk chocolate and a couple of pinches of salt. If not, these contain only 5 ingredients!
These bites are a tad bit different from the bites I’ve shared here before in that they contain no almond butter or peanut butter. I simply ground up pistachios and old fashioned oats in my blender till they were a flour-like consistency. Then, I added in dates that had been soaked in warm water, chia seeds and some deliciously creamy and indulgent, melted milk chocolate and rolled these naughty and nutritious Chocolate Pistachio Bites up!
If you use certified gluten free oats, these little bites would be gluten free as well as dairy free! If you happen to give these a try, I would so love to know what ya think…
Easy No Bake Chocolate Pistachio Bites
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup certified gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 dates soaked in warm water for 5-10 minutes
- 1/2 cup good quality milk chocolate melted (or dark)
- 2 pinches salt
- Place the pistachios and oats in a high speed blender and pulse till well ground and look flour-like almost.
- Add in the soaked dates, chia seeds and salt and pulse till mixture clumps up.
- Then, spoon pistachio mixture into a bowl.
- If you haven't already, melt the milk chocolate (you could use dark chocolate if you prefer) in a broiler or in the microwave (check and stir at 25-30 sec intervals - took a total of 45 seconds for mine to melt and not be too hot). Make sure melted chocolate isn't too hot. If it's hot, then let it cool a bit. Then pour melted chocolate into the pistachio, oats, dates, chia mixture and stir well.
- Gather teaspoons of mixture up and roll to form bites/balls.
- Chill these easy no bake chocolate pistachio bites for 30 minutes before enjoying.*They can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days (at least that's how long they lasted in our house).
Other Easy Bites…