I’ve partnered with Sprouts Farmers Market to bring y’all this Butternut Squash Enchilada Shakshuka. All opinions are mine alone. Thanks so much for supporting the brands that keep this blog spinnin!
Filled with 8 fresh ingredients, this Easy Butternut Squash Enchilada Shakshuka is a delicious fusion of cuisines and is perfect for dinner or breakfast.
If you can say “Butternut Squash Enchilada Shakshuka” five times consecutively, my hat’s off to you, dude and dudettes! For me, “Butternut Squash Enchilada Shakshuka” is a bit of a tongue twister. But, that’s where the difficulty ends. This dish, which is a fusion of Mexican Cuisine and North African/Arabic Cuisine, is so easy to whip up – thanks to Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce!
I brought home Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce for the first time last week and the first thing my daughter and I did was to fish out spoons to taste it. The next thing I knew, we were standing around the kitchen island, dipping Sprouts Ancient Grains Chips into it. And, just like Goldilocks and the Little Bear’s bowl of porridge, we managed to eat it all up! This stuff is slightly smokey, slightly sweet, slightly spicy and oh so very good! If y’all haven’t tried Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce yet, I urge y’all to pick at least one jar up the next time y’all are grocery shopping there. By the way, if there isn’t a Sprouts Farmers Market near y’all – no worries! They now deliver their groceries (in select markets) through Amazon!
But, back to this Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce. Since I moved, I am no longer a 15 minute drive away from Sprouts – but making that 45 minute drive to pick up the last bottle of this Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce was so worth it. I brought that last bottle home and decided it’s usage had to be rationed! So, I used 1 cup of it in this super Easy Butternut Squash Enchilada Shakshuka and another in an Easy Sweet and Spicy Enchilada Chicken (which I will be sharing on Instagram next week). This fusion dish starts off with a mingling of onions, fresh garlic, fresh grated ginger, and crisp celery. I simply added in ripe tomatoes, butternut squash and Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce into the onions-celery mix and tossed it into the oven. I pulled it out of the oven after 5 minutes, broke some eggs into little “nests” that I made with the back of a spoon, and then sent it back into the oven till the eggs were set.
My daughter and I ate part of this Easy Butternut Squash Enchilada Shakshuka with spoons and then we broke out those Sprouts Ancient Grains Chips and used them to scoop up the bits left on our plates. This was two servings for us, but, if you are super hungry or find Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce totally irresistible, this pan might just be two servings for one or one serving for two.
Happy FriYAY y’all! I hope your weekend is filled with something wonderfully delicious ~ like this Butternut Squash Enchilada Shakshuka! 😛
[Tweet “Easy Butternut Squash Enchilada Shakshuka with @sproutsfm Organic Red Enchilada Sauce! #ad #dinner #lunch”]
Easy Butternut Squash Enchilada Shakshuka
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice
- 1 red onion chopped up
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash pre-cut cubes (available at Sprouts)
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce
- 4 eggs Cage Free
- cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Add oil to an oven-safe pan over medium heat, when warm, add in the onion and saute about 10 minutes.
- Then, add in the ginger, garlic, celery and stir well. Then add in the butternut squash, tomatoes and Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce. Stir well to coat veggies with the Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce and let cook about 10 minutes.
- Place pan with veggies in the oven for about 5 minutes to bake at 375 degrees.
- Remove from the oven. Using the back of a spoon, form four little "nests" into the veggie/Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce mix. Break and drop the eggs into each of the four nests and return pan to the oven. Let eggs bake in veggie/Sprouts Organic Red Enchilada Sauce mix for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!