This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Abreva, Breathe Right, Clorox, Robitussin and Theraflu. All opinions are mine alone. #SoothesOfTheSeason #CollectiveBias
I so love the hustle and bustle of the holiday season! Every year I relish those Friendsgiving get-togethers, cookie exchange parties, gift-shopping, Christmas plays and productions, and time with those nearest and dearest to my heart.
Seeing my daughter and I live in Athens and most of my family and friends live between Lawrenceville and Atlanta, those nearest and dearest to my heart, actually live miles away. So, all the holiday shenanigans have us hustling and bustling – literally!
And, sometimes, all that hustling and bustling wears me down. Which often leaves me susceptible to catch a cold or a cough or (eek) the flu – which seem to be running rampant this time of year.
To try and cut down on the hustle and bustle a bit, this year my family suggested we do away with a Christmas Eve get together and another Christmas Day gathering. Instead, we huddle up together for those days around Christmas.
All that huddle times demands food, so, this year, I’m heading to Kroger to stock up on ingredients for meals before Christmas (like this Ginger Pumpkin Chicken Soup) and our big Christmas Day spread.
And, while there, I am also stocking up on sick season essentials like Theraflu Power Pods Daytime Severe Cold, Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes, Abreva® Pump Cold Sore and Fever Blister Treatment, Breathe® Right Extra Clear Nasal Strips, and Robitussin® Maximum Strength Honey Cough & Chest Congestion DM. Theraflu Power Pods Daytime Severe Cold and Robitussin® Maximum Strength Honey Cough & Chest Congestion DM should not be used at the same time. Last year, Kroger was my go-to for cold/cough relief as well.
For me, these are absolute must-haves for not only surviving the holidays but enjoying them on a whole new level because who wants to be hacking up all over the Christmas ham or being a mouth-breather at midnight mass, eh?!
Kroger is the destination for all of my flu needs such as:
- Robitussin® Maximum Strength Honey Cough & Chest Congestion DM
With Robitussin Honey, you can fight your cough and help kick your symptoms to the curb. The liquid-strength of Robitussin Honey soothes on contact and provides cough relief for hours.
Robitussin Honey is New! The real honey you want, the powerful cough relief you need. Gluten Free. No Artificial Colors. True Source Certified Honey.
- Theraflu Power Pods Daytime Severe Cold
Don’t let the cold or flu get in your way. Theraflu Power Pods Daytime Severe Cold fits right in your routine. Compatible with most single-serve coffee makers, these fast-relieving pods work on even your severe symptoms. Press. Sip. Relief.
Available in Theraflu Power Pods Nighttime Severe Cold
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
○ minor aches and pains
○ nasal and sinus congestion
○ cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
○ minor sore throat pain
Temporarily reduces fever, it is powerful relief without a prescription
- Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes
○ Wipe away 99.9% of the most common allergens*
Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes come in Lemon and Fresh Scents.
- Abreva® Pump Cold Sore and Fever Blister Treatment
○ Abreva is not for temporary symptom relief, but healing. It delivers the best results when used at the first sign of a cold sore (e.g. the tingle that one feels on his/her lip). Easy to apply
- Breathe® Right Extra Clear Nasal Strips
○ Strips provide easy to apply relief for congestion due to colds, allergies, or a deviated septum and reduce snoring caused by nighttime nasal congestion.
○ Breathe Right is drug free and safe to use with any sleep medication.
○ Helps open inflamed sinus passages and makes it easier to breathe. Nose strips provide relief for congestion due to colds, allergies, or a deviated septum and reduce snoring caused by nighttime nasal congestion.
The next time you are at Kroger, make sure to stock up on the above items and make use of the deals listed below:
Beginning on 12/9/18 you can get:
$1 Off Any Theraflu Product through 1/26/19
$2 off Theraflu Power Pods, 12ct Powders, 40ct Caplets, and Syrups Twinpack through 1/26/19
A $1.25 off coupon on Robitussin through 1/4/19
Now, back to this Ginger Pumpkin Chicken Soup.
This soup is packed full of fresh grated ginger. When I pick up a bunch of raw ginger at Kroger, I usually peel it, grate it, and store it in an airtight container for when I need it for recipes like this. In addition to ginger, this Ginger Pumpkin Chicken Soup has some of the same ingredients of this Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Soup, such as chicken bone broth, turmeric, cumin, coriander, onions and garlic. It also has some chicken, peas and spinach to make it a meal in a bowl. It is delicious with some crusty bread and is a satisfying, light and nutritious meal to enjoy before or after those heavy holiday meals.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 chicken breasts ( 1.14 lb)
- 2 tsps grated fresh ginger
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 15 oz can 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 tsps coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- Remove skin from onions and chop them well, also smash, skin and chop garlic cloves.
- Then, add oil to pot over medium heat and add the chopped onions and garlic into it and let saute about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Cube the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Then add the chicken into the sauteing onions/ginger and let cook about 5 minutes. Stir chicken around a bit and let saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in the ginger, pumpkin, bone broth, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and cover pot. Lower heat and let simmer covered for about 30 minutes.
- Defrost the spinach and peas and add them to the ginger chicken. Also, stir in the coconut milk. Remove from heat and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 291 Total Fat 16.8g Saturated Fat 8.2g Cholesterol 47mg Sodium 205mg Carbohydrates 11.7g Sugar 4.4g Protein 24.6g
Theraflu-(c) 2018 the GSK group of companies or its licensor. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older. Use all products only as directed. Read label and follow directions.
Abreva, Breathe Right, Robitussin – Use only as directed. Read label and follow directions.
*Use Clorox products as directed for removal of non-living allergens like pet dander, dust mite matter and pest matter on hard nonporous surfaces in your home. Keep out of reach of children.