This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PastaPerfection #CollectiveBias
This six-ingredient, Coriander-Spiced, Butternut Squash Pasta is one heck of a simple meal – with veggies squeezed right in – literally!
October happens to be National Pasta Month, so in honor of that, we are enjoying pasta here today. And, not just any pasta but Barilla® Gluten Free Penne that’s smothered in a ridiculously luscious and creamy, coriander-spiced, Butternut Squash Sauce! Y’all this sauce is insane – I wanted to run around and put it on ALL the things! But, it was too hot in this little condo after roasting that butternut squash, so I settled for standing over the kitchen sink and contorting myself so as to make sure that every single drop of this Butternut Squash Sauce that didn’t make it onto the pasta, made it into ma belly!
Speaking of the weather, we are back in the high 80s here in Georgia – with a heavy side of humidity! With temperatures being this high, you might be reluctant to squeeze in a mini workout in your kitchen as you try to cut a butternut squash up and then proceed to roast it. But, y’all, when I was in Publix picking up a couple of packages of Barilla®‘s Gluten Free pasta, I came across some packets of diced butternut squash – with the skin and seeds removed! I simply roasted those cubes up and mixed them up with 4 other ingredients and voila – lunch was served!
Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta is made with non-GMO corn and rice, and has a taste and texture similar to “regular” pasta. While I don’t have issues with gluten, I started using Barilla® Gluten Free a few years ago when my daughter had a few issues with gluten and have just stuck to using it, as it’s a fav around our abode. The creamy Butternut Squash Sauce you see here, is loosely based on the pumpkin sauce my daughter and I enjoyed with Barilla® Gluten Free Penne in this post.
If you haven’t tried Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta yet and would like to know more about it, make sure to check them out here and follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter! And, right now, you can use this coupon to save yourself 75 cents on one package of Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta!
So, please do tell me, how are you celebrating National Pasta Month at your abode?
Easy, Creamy, Coriander-Spiced, Butternut Squash PastaPrint
- 2 1/2 cups butternut squash cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup coconut milk can substitute for regular milk or milk of your choice
- 4 oz Barilla® Gluten Free Penne cooked according to package directions
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Toss the butternut squash cubes in the olive oil and bake them on a foil lined baking tray for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add to a blender, along with milk of your choice, paprika, coriander, and ginger. Blend on high till mixture is creamy.
- Toss the cooked Barilla® Gluten Free Penne with the sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve garnished with chopped parsley.