This Dairy Free Chocolate Cashew Pudding is a favorite in our home. It involves no baking or cooking and I’m hoping it will become a favorite in your home as well!
*This post on Chocolate Cashew Pudding was originally published in September 2014. I have updated it with new photos and I am republishing it today. Thanks so much for stopping by.*
I have found that sometimes sitting on a fence can get quite comfortable…minutes turn into months…and yup, I am still sitting there!
I got on the fence regarding making a big purchasing decision between: a nut grinding blender or a high powered food processor months ago! And, I am still using my no-name, quirky blender. It was getting the job done just fine, which made me just put off making a decision; but lately, it’s not doing so well with nuts.
So, last Thursday, when I posted this Mystery Ingredient Chocolate Pudding, I sure was hoping y’all would see the “grainy” texture of cashews in that spoonful…
And…Helen @ Scrummy Lane did!!! Kudos lady – virtual fist bump and high fives and hugs and hip hip hurrahs all around!!!
To all of y’all that entertained my need for games and played along – thank you ALL!!! As a kid, my mom fixed me avocado pudding on a regular basis, when I was able to make it for my self I started adding chocolate to it (a few times, I even added protein powder to it and amped it up) – so, all of y’all that guessed avocado – y’all were right about most of the chocolate pudding bowls I make.
But this time, after making this Non Dairy, No Bake, Chocolate Cashew Cake, I figured I would experiment some more with cashew cream, and ooh-la-la – this was one deeelightful bowl of chocolate!
So sorry to have kept y’all waiting so long for this reveal – I attended my very first Food Blogger Conference on Friday and did not pre-plan a post. As for the conference, it was AH-MAZING to meet in person some lovely people who comment on here and who I have interacted with online…and…there was so much delicious food…and…so much information…I don’t think 8 hours have ever gone by as fast for me, as they did on Friday!
Happy, Happy New Week Y’all! And thanks again for playing along!
Cashew Chocolate Pudding
- 1.5 cups soaked cashews cashews immersed and soaked in water overnight
- 3 tablespoons cocoa or can use 3 tablespoons of melted dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or, more, as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Add the cashews and almond milk to a blender or food processor and blend till smooth and creamy. You might have to turn your blender off and scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Add the cocoa/chocolate, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and vanilla and blend till well incorporated
- Chill for and hour at least before digging into.*I topped the chocolate cashew pudding with a layer of chocolate ganache (melted chocolate chips + almond milk) and non-dairy whipped topping.