The ingredients that go into my oatmeal bowl got turned into this stack of gluten-free, super Easy Oatmeal Pancakes!
By the way, this stack is dedicated to a friend who once told me that pancakes aren’t pancakes unless they happen to have that golden ring around them from the butter used to grease the pan – think I finally managed to get that ring down!
**This post was originally published in January 2014. I made edits to the photos and updated the recipe card to make a whole stack instead of just three! However, the written words below in this post remain the same.**
I ADORE Oats…
Rolled or Steel Cut, baked or boiled…
To me, they are pretty marvelous!
Recently, even my daughter has started to lean toward oats instead of other breakfast choices – and as a parent, it sure warms my heart that she is FINALLY choosing what I have been eating instead of turning up her nose and protesting its existence!
Did I tell you, I adore oats?
Mostly, I have them in a bowl…
Sometimes, in a bar
Aaaannnd… recently – in PANCAKES!!!
The same ingredients that make up my morning oat bowls, went into these pancakes, only in slightly different quantities.
Unfortunately, my quantities resulted in only 3 pancakes, and, for some reason, basic math fractions were forgotten about when it came to dividing these rounds of deliciousness up between the two of us! You would think two people who are pretty good with their math skills would be able to figure out that each of our plates should have 1.5 – right? But, before I could take a picture of a forkful, two of these pancakes were on my daughters plate – leaving me with one.
After an intense round of dueling forks, where pieces of these pancakes were flicked to the floor …and, subsequently, into my dog’s belly, we finally called a truce and settled on finishing these in peace – while shooting each other the stank eye!
It’s your turn to play dueling forks with someone – over a set of these marvelous oatty pancakes!
Then please let me know how marvelous you think they are! I used whipped cream, golden syrup and raspberries to top mine – these pancakes have no sugar in them – so please feel free to add 2 tablespoons if you feel the need for sweeter pancakes, but, with syrup, you really won’t miss the sugar at all.
Easy Gluten Free Oatmeal Pancakes
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tspn nutmeg
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 2 tbsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- Add the rolled oats to a blender and blend till they resemble a flour-like consistency. Then spoon them into a bowl.
- Also to the bowl, add in the baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix with a spoon. Then add in the milk and eggs and mix till well incorporated. Set mixture aside for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- While waiting, place a pan over a low-medium flame and let it warm.
- When pancake mixture is thickened, grease pan with vegan butter and ladle 2-3 tablespoonfuls of mix onto pan, and cook 2-3 minutes on each side, till golden and that golden ring forms around the circumference of the pancake.
- Serve pancakes with whipped cream, golden syrup or maple syrup or jam, and raspberries and enjoy!